Mini-desserts are a favourite of mine to make at gatherings. They are often cute, not too involved and the size helps people take as many or as a few as they like. I came across Annie's blog while searching for a random recipe this weekend. She is recently a new mom - congrats to her!
Anyway, this recipe is a mini cheesecake recipe from her site - and the best thing is that they took literally no time to make. Between prep and baking - 25 minutes!
Cheesecake Bites Ingredients
1 ¼ lb. cream cheese, at room temperature
¾ cup sugar
½ tsp. vanilla extract
¼ cup sour cream
2 eggs, at room temperature
3 tbsp. all-purpose flour
Strawberry Sauce Ingredients
2 cups frozen or fresh hauled strawberries
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup white sugar
2 tbsp cornstarch
3 tbsp water
Cheesecake Bites Directions:
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Line a mini-muffin pan with paper liners.
- To make the filling, in the bowl of an electric mixer beat the cream cheese on medium-high speed until fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Reduce the speed to low, gradually add the sugar and beat until smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Add the vanilla and sour cream and beat until combined.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the flour and beat until combined.
- Divide the filling among the prepared muffin cups, filling each about ¾ full. Bake until the cheesecakes are just set in the center, about 15 minutes.
- Transfer the pan to a wire rack and let the cheesecakes cool in the pan for 5 minutes.
- Using a small offset spatula, transfer the cheesecakes to the rack and let cool completely, about 45 minutes.
- Refrigerate the cheesecakes in an airtight container at least overnight or up to 3 days. Spoon topping onto cheesecakes just before serving.
- In a sauce pan combine strawberries, sugar and first amount of water.
- Bring to a low simmer for 5 minutes until the strawberries begin to fall apart.
- I used a potato masher to make sure they were pretty tender.
- In a small bowl combine the cornstarch and second part of water. Ensure there are no lumps and slowly add to the simmering strawberry mixture.
- Allow to cook and thicken for about one minute.
Makes 48 mini bites