As I took the photo for this recipe I realized I seem to have only posted dishes that are orange/red or brown!! We do eat lots of veggies and greens, I just don't seem to ever post about them! This dish is very spicy, but served with a fresh and crisp green salad and some rice or angel hair pasta, this is a nice and easy to make meal.
2 chicken breasts or the equivalent in chicken tenders
1 cup flour
8 button mushrooms, sliced
10 cherry tomatoes, halfed
4 tablespoons cajun spice
1/2 tablespoon crushed chilies
1 tablespoon cracked black pepper
5 oz spicy tomato sauce
8 oz chicken or vegetable stock
1 tablespoon butter/margarine
1. Tenderize chicken to a 1/4 inch thickness
2. Substantially sprinkle chicken with cracked black pepper
3. Season flour with a pinch of salt and about 1 teaspoon of cracked black pepper
4. Coat chicken in flour -- can be done in a plastic bag, ala shake and bake, or it could be done in a bowl and just dredged.
5. Heat about 5 tablespoons oil in fry pan over medium high heat (I know this is a lot of oil, but you will drain whatever doesn't get absorbed in the chicken)
6. Once oil is hot, add chicken and cook until about 90% cooked.
7. Drain excess oil.
8. Add mushroom slices, and cherry tomato halves, cajun spice, chilies, black pepper, tomato sauce and chicken stock.
9. Allow to simmer for 2-3 minutes.
10. Add 1 tablespoon of butter to thicken.